Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Black Hole of Death

I loved the captions suggestions from yesterday.. ya’ll crack me up!!! Much better than I had thought up! Plus, I love getting comments, so double plus!!

Editted to add... By the way, if there is anyone in the Kentucky/Ohio/TN area that wants to ummm reserve a kitten, just email me. I would be willing to drive halfway if you are in a three or four hour drive from me. I just want to make sure they go to a GOOD home. It is looking like we will have three or four to adopt out. I don't know what those look like yet and don't think I will be getting pictures for a while of those, you'll understand after you read the below entry.

Today was one crappy day. I started out by waking up late. Here I am rolling off the couch and walking around with Sharon Osbourne hair while I am trying to get my eyes to function and everyone else has been up for hours and hours. I mean hell, who in the world would sleep until 8AM? I tell you people.. all I do is lay in bed all day!

I got dressed and went to do the dishes that I had put off from last night. And thus began the “I hate this city” hate fest. I am telling you that if the old wives saying is true that ‘when your ears burn someone is talking bad about you’ is true then the Magistrate of that Fiscal Court thingy should have his ears laying on the courthouse steps reduced to a pile of Ash from the nine thousand foot tall flames that shot off of them. That Bastard! I know he is just the messenger but he is the only face I have to hate so it’s all on him. In order to do one… ONE sink load of dishes today, it took me TWO hours to run the water. Apparently the water God’s heard me bitching yesterday and decided to charmically kick me in the balls. Now apparently my PSI tank thing that pushes the water out of the well is on the fritz and does not want to stay on, I kept having to go under the house and ‘kick the pump’ which means in lay mans terms;

Cuss while you slam the faucet back into the off position, stomp out of the kitchen and down the porch steps, approach the black hole that leads under the house with trepidation, looking everywhere for snakes. Once you figure out that there is nothing to block you from the hole of death, you get down on all fours and start to crawl in while doing the frantic lookforspidersandsnakesandotherthingsthatcaneatme dance while trying to not whack your head off. You wiggle in juuuust far enough to push the little switch thing, but WAIT! There is a trick, only push it up just enough to hear a click and then let go while you are pushing in on it. It has to be done just right, so of course you do it wrong about five times before hearing the little hum that means the water is running again. Wiggle back out of the hole of death while looking for spiders and other creepies. Stomp back up the porch steps and back into the house. Turn the water on and wash a bowl, pick up a cup and slam it back down when you see the water stop again and the water dance starts all over again. I miss the city today!

I was soaking in a hot bath tonight and just as I was relaxing I hear this THUMP, THUD, HOWL from under my ass. Yes, under my ass. You heard me right. The noises coming from under my tub about scared me right out of the bathtub. I was panicked for about two minutes, holding perfectly still listening with an intensity that rivaled the CIA on a drug king-pin wire tap until it hit me. It was Outside Kitty. I listen and hear the loudest purr you cant ever imagine and then she howled again. Now, because I am all Kitty Lamaze coach and all, I knew the sounds meant she was in labor. I could hear her give birth to what I think were three or four kittens. Laura and I wanted so badly to see them that we were trying to rip off base moldings to see if there was a crack under there that we could see in, and then we wound up laying on the floor in the bathroom to listen to the Wild Kingdom sounds.

So, break it down… Three or four kittens to OK and the five we have with IK and that makes between eight and nine kittens and two Momma’s. I am calling the vet tomorrow to make an apt to have the Mom’s fixed. I am loving the experience of watching the babies born and know I will have so much fun with the kittens, but I am going to wind up being the crazy cat lady because I wont let them go unless they have a good home. Oh well, it will make for some cute pictures!!! Here’s some for tonight….

Oh and for those that popped over from Robyn’s, thanks for stopping by and I will make sure I keep updating and posting lots of kitty pics.. so stop back in.

DSCF0037

Brother/Sister makes a great pillow!

DSCF0034

I adore those little tiny feet!

DSCF0033

Oh for Heaven’s sake… I feel like one big nipple!

DSCF0032

Help me.. this crazy lady wont leave me alone… Yawn!

3 comments:

AndreAnna said...

More kitties? Do you run a cat brothel over there? You do realize you are on the path to Crazy Cat Lady-dom. :)

I just love kittens though!!! The pics are great.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha, that water thing? Cracks me up. There is no way in hell I would crawl into a hole...I'd go without water! ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the banner! Glad you figured it out!