Monday, July 4, 2011

Out of the ashes....

Wow it's been a very long time since I have posted. The last few years have been a myriad of good days, bad days and worse days that have all blended together culminating in a feeling of "waking up" a few months ago. I suppose if I were to be perfectly honest, I would admit that I've been battling depression. Saying it brings a whole new meaning to
it in my mind, even now. I'm not sure where it broke for me, what drove me into that small cave of emotional shelter, but I'll assume it was just a culmination of stress, the move and so much that I'd not faced. I still have good days and bad days, but I'm pleased that lately.. most are good. And it's nice to be back. I'm sure I'll post more about it at some point, and we all know I do love to chit-chat so that's a pretty solid guarantee, but right now.. I just really want to start blogging again. I've missed it.. and the people that I had met and enjoyed bantering with.

For a first post, to eaaaase back into it... LOL... I'll start with the obligatory kitten pictures. What... you figured that there were no kittens in the picture? Please! This house is still the home for unwed mother/animals. There are currently four kittens hanging off the mothers teat on my front porch. And .. if that weren't enough, there are either eight, or nine puppies hanging off the momma dog in the back yard. I swear if there is an animal with a belly full of babies within a nine mile radius of my home.. they will wind up living here. *Le sigh*

Momma kitty showed up out of the blue, feral and un-trusting a while back. It took me months to get her to allow me to pet her, and now I couldn't shoo her away from the house if I strapped dynamite to her rump. And by the time I could touch her, I realized she was already knocked up. Where is the kitty planned parenting classes when you need them? She has taken up residence on the front porch, and these kittens are the least people skittish kittens I have ever seen. The second the door opens, they all group up for the "We want food, do you have food? Where's the food??" pity party. Said pity party just so happens to ALWAYS block the front door so I can't actually open it TO feed them. The logic there eludes them apparently, because breaking them of that is proving to be rather ... impossible. The puppies are mildly cute, but they are hound dog pups and as such when I look at them, all I can see is the future howling I will have to put up with. Kittens are so much quieter. LOL.

As always... Pictures. Yep, that didn't change. Actually, it will probably be worse than ever. I got a new camera and LURVE to take pictures!


Curious George. This kitty is fearless. He gets into everything and is the ham of the group. If I'm outside, he is sitting as close to me as he can get. His eyes are blue, and yes I enhanced them just a bit for the picture.. just cause it was purty!



Midnight. He is fuzzy and reminds me of a very scared bear. Any loud noise will find him pelting for the safety of the floorboards of my porch, where he will peek from accusingly.




OJ. Or Garfield. There is a debate over this one's name. My MIL calls her Orange Juice and my son calls her Garfield. I call her O.J. And she is usually peering from behind something, seemingly trying to proclaim her innocence. I can almost hear her thinking... "If it doesn't fit.. You must acquit!!!"




I'm sure you can understand why the name Scaredy Cat has stuck. That pose is his go-to pose whenever one of the human type people is paying attention to him. It makes for some very comical moments I assure you.

And there is Momma cat with one of the babies. I think that's Midnight as I'm looking at it. I've lectured her on the power of planned parenting, now I just have to actually coax her into a cat carrier without getting my arm shredded off and take her in to get fixed!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hi Carol! So glad to see you back. :) Those are some awfully cute kittens - and you know I know kittens!

Thanks for your sweet words about Mister Boogers. We miss him an awful lot still, and Fred said the other day that there's just never going to be another cat like him. He was sure one in a million!