Saturday, June 30, 2007

Messy Bessy!!

Tada! I got a new keyboard. Now I just have to get out of the habit of using only the right shift button. This will be fun, every time I try to type a capital using the left one I automatically want to use only my right hand in my twister fashion. This new keyboard is the bomb! It is a Microsoft Comfort curved keyboard. I don’t have to do anything tedious using this thing, hell this is made for the laziest web surfer on the planet. There is a wealth of buttons at the top that are right in finger reach. I no longer have to take my mouse and move it to the mail button and click, all I have to do is push the little button on the keyboard and it pops up! There are also buttons for my home page, the forward and back buttons on the web browser, the search button for files and stuff and the start menu and ohhhh that button right there is for the left click menu thing. Oh and lookie over there… right there silly! That thar button works the calculator!!! Now I just push a button instead of having to click start then go to accessories and then to the calculator. My mouse is going to get so jealous! Not to mention all the keys are there and the caps button has a button instead of a rubber grip thing and the shift key works. Damn I am in hog heaven! I just may have to type more! Poor you!

Today has been a busy, busy day. That is why I am just now getting around to posting an entry at almost 2am. Hey, it’s still today for me…I haven’t been to sleep yet. We went first thing this morning and got the insulation for our attic. Instead of spending the $600 that we thought we were going to have to spend, we were able to get the blow in insulation and it only cost us $375! Score! We wouldn’t have had to spend that much, but I am apparently a dumbass that cannot figure the proper square footage of our home, we had 47 bags of insulation and could have gotten away with about 20… 30 for a nice thick ten inch layer. But, we had the 47, so we USED every single one of them. We wound up with snow drifts in our attic. And let me tell you something, when they tell you that insulation makes all the difference, they weren’t lying.. I am freaking FREEZING! The thermostat says it is 72 in here; I think that little bugger is lying to me, because my nipples just called and said they had froze off and ran away. They refuse to come back until the snow clouds in the corner have dissipated. Anyone looking to put insulation in their attic should definitely check out the blow in cellulous insulation. It is much, much cheaper and is very fast (completely done start to finish in an hour and half) and so easy a caveman could do it. Damn, now I am going to get hate mail from cavemen. We made a huge error that you should really learn from if you are going to use the blow in stuff. The machine is supposed to sit OUTSIDE the house while you use it. The hose will go very far, so don’t think you have to sit it in your living room, or hallway… really, the hose WILL reach. I haven’t seen this bad of a mess since we sheet rocked. Blech! I am going to be dusting, vacuuming and cleaning up for months from this one!

Laura and I went to Food City tonight to get groceries. We were checking out and the bagboy was hard core hitting on Laura. He asked her for her number and after asking him how old he was and finding out that he is only a year and a half older than her, I said it was ok. She was so excited. The boy called her like an hour later and they got to talking. They figured out that he is getting ready to start his senior year and she is starting her freshman year. This was a little too weird for him, which I respect his honesty for (And completely agree with!!), so he said that he just couldn’t talk to her. Laura was crushed, but she understood. (He was a cutie) We decided to go to Wal-Mart to finish our shopping so that I wont have to go to town tomorrow (which I just figured out that I still have to go because I have to go to the home improvement hell pit called Lowes) and we had no sooner walked in and see that boy walking down a parallel isle. We both about shit and dodged behind a shelf and stood there laughing our heads off. Me, I was laughing at her! I’m sure she was laughing at the situation. She kept saying… “I don’t want him to see me, what would I say, I can’t believe he is here.” Then she would peek around the corner and I would bust out laughing again. We stood there forever, dodging this boy, and then we would peek down an isle before we would walk down it, just to make sure he wasn’t there. I kept saying “I am so blogging this!” and she would say “I know you will, shut up, is he over there? Oh My God, is that him?” I’m still laughing at her!

I am in search of a new car. I just paid my Rodeo off and have the impossible notion that I want to trade my Rodeo (gas guzzler) in on a fantabulous four door car that is great on gas. I know, good luck. I don’t want a payment and want to do an even trade, so I am thinking I will find the car of my dreams the day after never. I am such an unreasonable bitch, I tell you. The search started today and will probably go on until the Rodeo falls apart and is no longer worth trading. I just hate to fill the damned thing up and with gas prices the way they are, I will spend a fortune in gas to go get the kids from all of the ten million activities they want to do this school year. It takes a quarter of a tank to go to their school and back in my car. If I had a smaller car with better gas mileage, I could probably get twice that much out of it. I am going to detail my car tomorrow and start really hunting. Well, after we replace the living room window. We are putting in my window we got from Lowe’s with the deal of the century. I can’t wait to see it go in. It is going to look so much better!

Wow! I really, really like this new keyboard, can you tell?


DSCF0027

Just look at the damned mess! That crap was all through my house!

DSCF0026

It's snowing in June!!!

DSCF0021

Do you think I bought enough? You are supposed to be able to see the beams, they are soooo burried!

DSCF0019

Again, the mess, do you see the mess? OMG the MESS! This better save on my electrice bills!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need some of that snowy stuff. Insulation is totally underestimated here in the South!

Tracey said...

Congrats on the new keyboard :) And they say it's just the guys that like all the shiny buttons!!!

Pug Mom said...

Holy moley! Wow. Just wow. I'd think I'd give up and put my house up on the market after discovering inches and inches of ice in my attic. I've seriously got to be the most cold/heat sensitive person in the world - if it's 1 degree over my comfort level, I sweat like a pig. If it's 1 degree below, I shiver and shiver and my nipples detach themselves from my body and hide in the oven. I'm that bad. So you can imagine me running to the nearest Sheraton and ordering the hubby to clean the house out in my absence.

Carol H said...

Pacie, Girl, totally! I can't understand why anyone would build a house here in Kentucky and not put any insulation in the attic.. well there was three, three! pieces up there. No wonder my light bills were $650 last winter!
Tracey... I know right! I love the bells and whistles! But then again, I got more excited over the new air compressor and nail guns than my husband! Teehee!
Pug Mom... Teeheee! I'm cold natured too... I have been using a hoodie in the house!
And last but not least.. Diego? Ummm I don't speak anything other than English, a spattering of German, a few Spanish cuss words and a teenie bit of Korean, well the only Korean I know is a very nasty phrase. So, unless you can translate hun, I am in the dark. But thanks for stopping in :0)