Wednesday, September 12, 2007

TaDaaaaa!

Well, I am able to work on the computer for longer short bursts. I have figured out through many headaches, screaming matches and threats of hell fire and damnation that if I prop my laptop up on little blocks of wood, turn the AC down to the "snow" setting and aim the fan directly at the stupid thing that it will work long enough to do a few things online. A new computer is in the works and then I will be back from my "Hiatus". That sounds like a word for a fancy vacation. It sure doesn't sound like the hell you are submerged in when your laptop decides to sit its fan parts at you and the other decides that even with the offers of sexual favors it will never turn on again. Oh, and words of wisdom, if you have a warranty on your computer, don't pry it open to see if a cord is unplugged. It kind of deflates the warranty and in essence you wind up with a thousand dollar paperweight. Blech!

Things have been moving here very quickly. I'll try to sum it up for you, short and sweet...

The kittens were all found good homes, I miss them something fierce, but I'm sure that more will show up under the house soon. I have some cute pics on my memory stick I will share soon.

Mom's house is pretty much done, we finished all the painting and all that is left is putting the sink in the kitchen, the baseboards down and hooking up the water heater. Well and the living room carpet but they are going to wait on that for now and just throw throw rugs down over the subflooring. The money situation has limitted the carpet situation. The house is gorgeous though, it will never be the same, but it is a pretty house and big enough for them but not so big it will kill her to keep up with it.

The kids sports seasons have started up and between running for ROTC for Dustin and Laura and Cross Country for Joe and Basketball for Laura and Cheerleader tryouts, I am carazee! The drive every day is starting to become so redundant that I find myself daydreaming to pass the time. Forty five minutes eachway every single day gives much time to "win the lottery" or go back in time and be taken captive by a gorgeous Indian Warrior, among other scenarios.

Joe had his first Cross Country meet tonight. He finished 31st because he fell and sprained his ankle. Toward the end of the run he was winding down and was trying to come off the field and sit. I pushed him to run it, to finish. I ran beside him and clapped, yelling like a goober... "Push Joe, you can do it. Finish this run Joe, you aren't a quitter, come on my boy, Mommy is so proud of you!!! Whooooo, come on run Joe, don't stop... you can finish it son!!!"
I felt guilty the whole time, his ankle hurt! And I was making him run on it! What kind of mother am I? I wanted him to finish, to learn to push through and not quit, even if you limp across the finish line you have to keep going!! But, my baby was hurt!

I think I will go cuddle next to him now. This child will never leave home... I'll feel guilty about making him move away from home at the age of forty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the internet!